The holidays are here, and you’re looking for a unique holiday party theme. Although white elephant gift exchanges and Christmas potlucks are seamless ways to entertain guests, sometimes it’s a good idea to spruce things up a bit.
Here are some holiday party theme ideas that are fun, original, and sure to leave your guests in the holiday spirit.
- Christmas Carol Karaoke- After a couple of drinks, who doesn’t love karaoke? Okay, not everyone. However, if you like to get a little vocal at your festivities, throw a Christmas Carol Karaoke party. If you have some shy guests, ask them to deliberate as a panel of judges. This is a guaranteed entertaining and hilarious party idea.
- Home Alone- This classic, Christmas film tends to get lost among the vast collection of Christmas movies nowadays. However, it must not be forgotten as it is a glorious tradition for this time of year. Make up some booby trap games, wear your favorite Christmas sweaters and snow hats, and set up a photo booth for your best Kevin McAllister impression.
- Christmas Around the World- Double up your Christmas party as both a festive get-together as well as a way to get a little cultured. Have everyone choose a country, or make up teams for said countries if you have a lot of guests coming, and have each assigned country bring dishes, drinks, and gifts as well as wear ensembles based on their Christmas tradition.
- Christmas Morning Brunch- Many Christmas parties are held at night with eggnog, fires, and gifts. What if we switched it up a bit and threw the celebration in the morning, brunch-style? Complete with keesh, coffee, pancakes, mimosas, and pajamas, you’ll be able to dine and open gifts in a cozier atmosphere this year.
- Nightmare Before Christmas- Halloween isn’t the only time of the year that costumes are appropriate. Throw a Nightmare Before Christmas party with face paint, creepy decorations, and dark dessert ideas.