While we know you love living at Derby Park, many of our residents love spending time exploring the world. There’s nothing like the adventure of exploring a new city; we encourage it! Yet, when you are packing up at your apartment in Grande Prairie, take advantage of a few tips that can help you to pack less but have everything you need. That way, you don’t have to pay those expensive fees for taking an extra bag with you!
Tips for Packing Success
How you pack and what you bring with you when traveling really defines how affordable any trip can be. Try these tips for becoming a true jet-setter who doesn’t worry about lots of luggage.
- Start with a packing list. Choose just what you need to have to travel, such as a toothbrush and passport. List personal items you need to have.
- Roll and vacuum pack all of your clothing. That helps you avoid the wrinkles while also getting much more into smaller bags. This will make the best use of the amount of space you have.
- Use every component of your suitcase wisely. For example, look for the empty space along the sides or even inside your shoes. Use that space wisely for items you need to take with you that you need to protect.
- Place all of your liquid items into zipper-locked bags. This ensures nothing spills onto your clothing and leaves you with an expensive clean-up bill.
- Bring the smallest items you can. Instead of packing two books, bring along a tablet to read the books on. Instead of bringing along a large bottle of shampoo, go for the travel size. This saves you a significant amount of room.
Make Living at Home a Success
While you may be touring the world, you always want to come home to a place you love to call home. Check out our available apartments in Grande Prairie!