With the onset of spring, everything starts looking colorful and vibrant. The trees start blooming and the weather becomes warmer. How about bringing some of the cheerfulness of spring into your home? The best way to give your house a cheery look is to decorate it with some fresh spring flowers. With so many dazzling blooms and an abundance of choices, the flowers that you choose to pick up would depend on what you like. Here is a list of 5 of the best spring flowers with which you can deck up your interior:
- Daffodils: Daffodils are always one of the top favorites. With those lovely, sunny and bright colors, these flowers can give a cheerful look to any living space.
- Anemones: These beautiful, colorful flowers have a fairly lengthy life span. They bloom in several breath-taking colors like purple, vibrant red, pink, and white to name a few. When these are neatly arranged as a splash of colors in a flower vase, they can make the room look stunning.
- Ranunculus: These look almost identical to roses, but they have their own unique charm. They bloom in various colors, and you can sometimes find double-toned varieties in them. These flowers also bloom and stay living for a good amount of time.
- Peonies: These look absolutely stunning when kept in a vase or a glass. Their endless layers of pillowy petals and pastel colors are a perfect reflection of the soft and lively vibe of the Spring season.
- Cherry Blossoms: This is another all-time spring favorite. These flowering branches can be found almost anywhere from flower stands to florists. The lovely array of flowers can create a visual and spectacular display.
As the ever expansive world of flowers go, these are merely some popular, surefire choices to consider. There are plenty more available and you can pick the beauties according to your personal preferences, getting your interior into the spirit of Spring.
The living room is a great space in our homes to portray our creativity and personality. No wonder that the focus of home décor should always be on the living room. However, chances are that you might be running on a budget. Thus, adding affordable and easily available artwork could be the possible solution. Here are 5 affordable ideas to add artwork to your living room:
Print Your Own Photos: We live in a time where we’re able to carry a camera with us at all times that’s attached to our mobile smartphones. Better yet, these cameras take pretty quality photos. Run through your photo library and find some photos to have printed. You can get your own, beautiful photos blown up, framed, and/or printed on canvas to hang on your walls.
Add a Bit of Greenery: Get some plants for your home or apartment. Greenery substantially livens up your space. See if your neighbors or friends are ready to share some of their plants with you. Just in case they do, find out a pot to host the plants, and voila you have a good arrangement at your place.
Show your Books: Remember, there can be hardly be anything more beautiful than books. Bring out the best possible books from your collection and arrange them in a harmonious way. The result could be refreshingly handsome and creativity-inducing.
Go Retro: Find some old, vintage objects laying around your home to turn into your own art pieces. For example, a metal wheel, mason jars, and unused plywood can be painted, cleaned, and hung as decorative wall designs. These are also very versatile in the ways in which you can dress them up and put them to use.
Shop Local: The best thing about unique artwork is that it can be found just about anywhere. There are talented artists in every corner of the universe, and it can be really rewarding to support your local neighborhood artists. Search around and find someone who’s selling their artwork for less than market value to get their pieces recognized.
The holidays are here, and you’re looking for a unique holiday party theme. Although white elephant gift exchanges and Christmas potlucks are seamless ways to entertain guests, sometimes it’s a good idea to spruce things up a bit.
Here are some holiday party theme ideas that are fun, original, and sure to leave your guests in the holiday spirit.
- Christmas Carol Karaoke- After a couple of drinks, who doesn’t love karaoke? Okay, not everyone. However, if you like to get a little vocal at your festivities, throw a Christmas Carol Karaoke party. If you have some shy guests, ask them to deliberate as a panel of judges. This is a guaranteed entertaining and hilarious party idea.
- Home Alone- This classic, Christmas film tends to get lost among the vast collection of Christmas movies nowadays. However, it must not be forgotten as it is a glorious tradition for this time of year. Make up some booby trap games, wear your favorite Christmas sweaters and snow hats, and set up a photo booth for your best Kevin McAllister impression.
- Christmas Around the World- Double up your Christmas party as both a festive get-together as well as a way to get a little cultured. Have everyone choose a country, or make up teams for said countries if you have a lot of guests coming, and have each assigned country bring dishes, drinks, and gifts as well as wear ensembles based on their Christmas tradition.
- Christmas Morning Brunch- Many Christmas parties are held at night with eggnog, fires, and gifts. What if we switched it up a bit and threw the celebration in the morning, brunch-style? Complete with keesh, coffee, pancakes, mimosas, and pajamas, you’ll be able to dine and open gifts in a cozier atmosphere this year.
- Nightmare Before Christmas- Halloween isn’t the only time of the year that costumes are appropriate. Throw a Nightmare Before Christmas party with face paint, creepy decorations, and dark dessert ideas.
Moving to a new neighborhood requires a lot of planning and thought. This will be a new place that you’ll call home and where you’ll spend all of your time. Time is of essence, and you should take your time seriously.
Whether you’re considering taking a new job, uniting with a loved one, seeking a new adventure, or just looking for a change of scenery, here are 10 of the main things to consider when deciding where to live.
- Weather- This is a big one. Does it rain a lot? How cold does it get in the winter? How dry is the air? The weather plays a big role in the functions of our bodies and minds, especially when it comes to allergies, skin type, and proneness to illness.
- Economy- How solid is the economy? Do a little research to find statistics on the job market, tax rate, and real estate costs to see what you’re up against as well as if it aligns with your goals.
- Cost of Living- Sometimes, you can pay the same amount for 200 square feet that you’d pay for a 2 bedroom, single-family home depending on the location. Look at the average cost of living in different areas to decide if it works with your budget.
- Traffic- Sitting in traffic may seem like a small factor, but it will play a significant role in your day-to-day commute. Make sure you’re prepared if the city you’re moving to has heavy traffic.
- Landscape- Do you like the mountains or the plains? How close are you to the ocean? Aligning your hobbies to your landscape is important.
- State Laws- Laws are a sneaky one; they can surprise you in a new state. For example, single men in Missouri need to pay $1.00 every year in taxes just for being single and male.
- Safety- Feeling safe in your new home is part of feeling at home. Research the crime rate and if you’re comfortable with it.
- Family- If your family doesn’t live in your destination, are they easily accessible? This is a good thing to consider, especially when it comes to holidays, kids, and travel.
- Culture- The culture between Jackson, Tennessee and Las Vegas, Nevada are extremely different. One embodies serenity and quiet while the other offers constant action and excitement.
- Population- Simply, how many people live there? In New York, New York it’s hard to find even a moment to yourself. However, in Gardner, Kansas you may not see another human for a month at a time.
Mention the words “gated community,” and a number of things come to mind. They include vitals like exclusivity, safety, and security. There are a number of benefits in living a gated community lifestyle in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The top reasons why you should choose a gated community among all other kind of living options include:
Exclusivity: This is the primary reason for people opting to stay in gated communities. Everyone who wishes to enter this exclusive zone must first bypass the gate. It means that no stray individual can willingly enter the neighborhood. As a resident of such an exclusive place, only you and a few other like-minded persons can enjoy your surroundings. The city traffic is kept out. You will also feel part of the aristocracy.
Security: This is another important factor when it comes to you enjoying a higher quality of life. You feel secured when you live within these limits. Safety measures are present to ensure that you remain immune from the problems behind those walls. The sight of cameras are routine, and the securely locked gates can only be opened with a special key or by entering a security code. It is no wonder that gated communities enjoy much lower crime rates compared to other non-gated communities and neighborhoods.
Privacy: This is another one of the many pros of living in a gated community. The walls surrounding the entire property give it a secluded feel. As a resident, you do not have to worry about strange people coming and going at odd hours.
Serenity: The serenity of the gated community will elevate your quality of life. The gated life is much quieter. The enclosed space barres a lot of noise. Excellent landscaping and the presence of a groundskeeper to take care of the trees, bushes and lions only add to higher quality of life.
There are a number of reasons as to why you will buy a home within a Grand Prairie gated community. It offers a sense of exclusivity, privacy and security.